Solaris has openings for this coming season. Experienced singers are encouraged to contact Dawn Willis, Artistic Director by email at email@example.com. Auditions will be held by appointment.
This chamber choir of 24 vocalists consists of singers with significant classical choral experience that have a strong desire for choral excellence and a passion for choral music!
The audition will last approximately 15 minutes and will include the following:
- A solo of your choice which will be sung unaccompanied. Selections should demonstrate the expressive range and flexibility of the singer’s voice. Any genre of classical repertoire is acceptable: aria, art song, etc. Popular music and broadway selections are not acceptable. (Please bring an additional copy of the music with you to the audition.)
The Art Song Central website has 250 titles that are free and printable if you’d like to look for a piece for your audition solo. www.artsongcentral.com
The Choral Public Domain Library website has a number of art songs and arias as well. www.cpdl.org
Here is the link to Handel’s Ombra mai fu (see page 2) as an example.
- The 1st verse of “America The Beautiful” in a key of your choice, unaccompanied
- A short sight singing exercise
- A few major scales that demonstrate vocal range, dynamic nuances, vibrato control, and pitch/intonation accuracy.
- A short tonal memory exercise